Magnisight Electronic Magnifier
Donated by the Monroe Lions Club, this brand new machine is located in the Magazine and Newspaper area of library. Patrons can use the Magnisight to easily enlarge the print on their favorite reading materials by up to 65x.
Through the Edith Wheeler Memorial Library’s Home Delivery of Library Materials program, collection items will be delivered to town residents who are temporarily or permanently homebound due to disability or health problems. Senior citizens who are unable to drive may also qualify for home delivery.The Home Delivery of Library Materials program lets you or someone you care about enjoy the collections of the library without having to visit the library building. Whether it’s books or magazines to read or audiovisual items to view or listen to, the library will arrange to have materials delivered to and picked up from your home by the Monroe Senior Center van.
Here’s how the system works:
1. The Edith Wheeler Memorial Library loans a wide variety of print and non-print materials to Monroe residents who qualify for this program. Specific types of materials are cited on the Application for Home Delivery of Library Materials.
2. All participants in the program must be residents of Monroe. They also must complete an Application for Home Delivery of Library Materials form and return it to the library. The library will contact applicants after their completed form has been received.
3. Participants will be issued an Edith Wheeler Memorial Library home delivery borrower card, which will replace their regular card and will be kept on file at the library.
4. Participants may borrow up to 6 items per delivery.
5. Most materials will be loaned for 21 days. Videocassettes, DVDs, and magazines will be loaned for 7 days. New books will be loaned for 14 days. Items without waiting lists may be renewed a maximum of 2 times.
6. Requests for materials and renewals may be made by phoning the library at 452-2850 (ask for the Home Delivery Service) or by emailing the library at firstname.lastname@example.org (on the subject line, type ATTN: Home Delivery Service).
7. Materials not available at the time of request will be placed on reserve and will be delivered when they become available. Please note that there may be waiting lists for new and/or popular items.
8. Materials will be delivered to and picked up from each participant’s home. Materials should be returned to the library through the delivery service on or before the due date. Please do not return materials by any other means.
9. Participants must sign and date the delivery slip when library materials are picked up for return to the library.
10. Overdue fines are not charged for materials loaned under this program. However, please return items as promptly as possible. Please do not lend library books and audiovisual items to others.
11. Participants will be charged the replacement cost for all materials that are lost and/or damaged while in their care. Library materials are considered lost when they are 4 weeks overdue.
If you need have questions or want to sign up for this program, please telephone the library at 203-452-2850.