What’s Happening in the Current Phase
Focus on Safety
We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our patrons and our staff. The library has self-certified with the State of Connecticut for COVID-19 Prevention. Patrons will be allowed into the library by appointment only.
- The library has undergone a deep clean prior to re-opening to patrons by appointment.
- All patrons and staff are required to wear a mask that completely covers their mouth and nose at all times.
- Hand cleaner must be used before entering the building.
- Maintain a social distance of at least six feet from other patrons and staff at all times.
- Stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- If you cannot or do not wish to wear a mask properly, please call the library and we will assist you via phone or Library-to-Go curbside service.
New Services Available during this phase
- Limited Express Browsing by appointment only.
- Limited Computer Use by appointment only.
- Limited outdoor Bestseller Browsing and checkout during clement weather.
- Make black and white copies on the library’s self-serve public copier. Be sure to make a Browsing Appointment to print and bring appropriate change or single bills.
- Print remotely from home computer, laptop, or wireless device to our wireless printer. Payment must be provided in an envelope and jobs picked up via Library-to-Go.
- Library-to-Go contact-free curbside Service, Mon-Thurs, 10-3; Fri, 10-2.
- Reference assistance and readers’ advisory service by phone or email, Mon-Thurs, 10-3 and Fri, 10-2.
- Limited outdoor jigsaw puzzle browsing during clement weather.
- Wifi access outside of building – sit in your car or at one of our tables on the lawn.
- Virtual programs for all ages.
- Expanded access to digital materials on our Libby/Overdrive and Hoopla platforms – requests of current popular materials accepted.
- Monroe patrons can apply for or renew library cards online.