Current Phase Details – Effective Monday, March 22nd
*Walk-In Express Browsing* – Please Read Before Coming to Library
* Library-to-Go curbside service and Patio Browsing are still available during all open hours. Patrons are welcome to continue using remote services.
For those who come into the library, strict safety measures are in place.
- Please read and observe all signs in entryway. You must be compliant with guidelines before entering:
- If you are not feeling well, DO NOT come into the library.
- Masks must be worn and must fully cover mouth and nose at all times while in the library regardless of vaccination status.
- Use hand sanitizer in entryway.
- Observe social distancing guidelines.
- If you cannot or do not wish to observe any of the above guidelines, please call the library and we will gladly assist you via phone or Library-to-Go curbside service.
- 20 minute limit for browsing and checking out materials.
- Entry and exit on same level. Stairwell and elevator are closed except for ADA access.
- 45-minute individual computer use on adult level only.
- Self-service copier available on upper level. Please be sure to bring change or single dollar bills for use. Change will NOT be available at desk.
- All chairs and public seating have been removed. At this time, no extended visits for work, study, or leisure activities will be allowed.
- Café and makerspace are closed during this phase.
- Meeting rooms are closed and programs continue to be held exclusively online. Visit events calendar here.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult caregiver at all times.
- Everyone age 3 and up must wear masks at all times.
- Children age 2 and under must be kept in a stroller or in the immediate vicinity of their caregiver, such as in a baby carrier.
- No computer access in Children’s Department.
- All toys and seating have been removed from the Children’s Room. At this time, extended visits for leisure activities will not be allowed.
Returns, Fines, Renewals, and Library Cards
- All returns go in outside book drops. Please do not bring materials from home into the library. We continue to quarantine all returns.
- Fines can be paid by placing a check or exact cash amount in an envelope and placing in the book drop or bringing to the checkout desk. All cash overages will be considered as donations to the library. Be sure to include your name and library barcode in the envelope.
- Renewals must be done online or by email/phone. Please do not bring materials into the library to be renewed.
- Monroe residents can renew or apply for library cards online. New library cards may be picked up at the Circulation Desk. Be sure to bring ID showing proof of Monroe residency when picking up new cards.
Focus on Safety
We are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our patrons and our staff. The library has self-certified with the State of Connecticut for COVID-19 Prevention. The library has undergone a thorough cleaning prior to re-opening to patrons and high-touch surfaces are being wiped down regularly. Returned materials continue to be quarantined for at least 3 days before being re-shelved.
Other Available Services
- Expanded access to digital materials on our Libby/Overdrive and Hoopla platforms – requests of current popular materials can be submitted to the Reference Department.
- Print remotely from home computer, laptop, or wireless device to our wireless printer. Payment in check or exact cash must be provided in an envelope. Jobs can be picked up in-house or via Library-to-Go.
- 24/7 Wifi access outside of building. Sit in your car or at one of our outdoor benches.